[sclug] Ubuntu 8.10 upgrade

Alex Butcher lug at assursys.co.uk
Thu Oct 30 19:07:47 UTC 2008

On Thu, 30 Oct 2008, Alex Butcher wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Oct 2008, Neil Haughton wrote:
>> I just spotted this in the Ubuntu 8.10 release notes:
>> *
>> The 71 and 96 series of proprietary nVidia drivers, as provided by the
>> nvidia-glx-legacy and nvidia-glx packages in Ubuntu 8.04 LTS, are not
>> compatible with the X.Org included in Ubuntu 8.10.

[...]

<http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1814523&postcount=2>

>> Neil

Best Regards,
Alex.
--
Alex Butcher, Bristol UK.                           PGP/GnuPG ID:0x5010dbff

"[T]he whole point about the reason why I think it is important we go for
identity cards and an identity database today is that identity fraud and
abuse is a major, major problem. Now the civil liberties aspect of it, look
it is a view, I don't personally think it matters very much."
  - Tony Blair, 6 June 2006 <http://www.number-10.gov.uk/output/Page9566.asp>