[sclug] Post: See you later Linux

Dickon Hood sclug at splurge.fluff.org
Fri Sep 26 21:47:55 UTC 2008

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 22:34:51 +0100, mskadu at gmail.com wrote:
: I thought I'd share my recent blog post on Linux with the group.

: http://mytechieself.blogspot.com/2008/09/see-you-later-linux.html

You went wrong in expecting Sony to produce useable laptops.  The last one
I had a look at wouldn't even take a standard Windows XP install, but had
to be installed from Sony's bodged rescue disc, which contained all the
drivers in the right order so the thing would boot and a shedload of
preinstalled crap you couldn't avoid installing.  I'm not surprised Linux
didn't like it.

--
Dickon Hood

Due to digital rights management, my .sig is temporarily unavailable.
Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.  We apologise for the
inconvenience in the meantime.

No virus was found in this outgoing message as I didn't bother looking.