[sclug] Wanted: Amstrad Emailer Plus

David Given dg at cowlark.com
Sat Sep 27 12:23:18 UTC 2008

I've been doing some work on my old Amstrad eMailer Plus trying to get a
real (well, semireal) OS running on it. Unfortunately, constant power
cycling seems to have fried the serial circuitry on it. I can see it
boot, but it ain't talking to me any more...

Does anyone happen to have one of these beasties sitting on a shelf
somewhere that they don't want any more and are willing to donate?

(Weirdly enough, after the thing stopped working I discovered that the
serial cable started echoing some characters back down the line ---
acting as if there was leakage between Rx and Tx. I eventually had to
rebuild it. The USB widget on the end was fine, it seemed to be the
2.5mm jack and cable that had gone wrong! I've never seen *that* before...)

--
?