[sclug] DG834G config (Re: Talktalk connection problem)

Simon Huggins huggie at earth.li
Thu Jul 30 09:38:23 UTC 2009

'ello Neil,

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 09:16:58PM +0100, Neil Haughton wrote:
> > However, is the router set to Auto-Connect, or a forced always-up
> > connection, an always up might help with this.
> Can anyone tell me how to set a DG834g router to 'always up'? Nothing
> apparent on the admin page.

Under Basic Settings
	set Idle Timeout to 0.

The help says:

	Idle Timeout

	An idle Internet connection will be terminated after this time
	period.

	If this value is zero (0), then the connection will be "kept
	alive" by re-connecting immediately whenever the connection is lost.

Simon.

--
Go not unto the Usenet for advice, for you will be told both yea and nay
(and quite a few things that just have nothing at all to do with the