[sclug] Cent OS 5.3 Server Edition Problem

Matthew Cox spudgun79 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 10:39:36 UTC 2009

Yes, I'm starting to suspect it may be the HD causing the issue. I've had to
re-seat the SATA cable for the drive a couple of times and its starting to
become a bit finnicky.

I tried another install this morning and it failed due to an unexpected
error. I have a couple of spare SATA cables lying around so I'll try one of
those first to perhaps eliminate it from my enquiries.  Failing that I have
a spare drive that I can try.

Its strange, it had a win2k install on it up until now and was working fine.
Either I've disturbed something in the case where I've been tinkering or the
reinstall has been the straw which broke the camel's back on the HD.

Thanks for your help and suggestions, I'll try the above and let you know
how I get on.

Cheers,

Matt.

On Oct 4, 2009 11:05 AM, "Alex Butcher" <lug at assursys.co.uk> wrote:

On Sat, 3 Oct 2009, Simon Huggins wrote: > On Sat, Oct 03, 2009 at
10:07:10PM +0100, Matthew Cox wr...
[snip]

> For our sins, we have CentOS at work and I've never seen this before.
Me neither. Googling suggests that the root (or /tmp, if you've separated
it) filesystem being full or the disc having failed may be root causes.

HTH,
Alex