[sclug] OT: convert rail tracks to tarmac for private coach network which saves billions and provides a better service!

Jonathan H N Chin jc254 at newton.cam.ac.uk
Fri Sep 11 15:23:27 UTC 2009

> I was hoping people on a technical mailing list would be interested in
> discussing the technical aspects of the idea (cost, capacity, efficiency
> etc) but you seem to have provided quotes of lots of mud slinging with
> no facts, figures or logical analysis of his proposal.... how useful

When a view runs so counter to the prevailing mainstream opinion,
indications that the proponent is a kook don't predispose me to
waste my time investigating their claims in any detail. [1]

The reasoned counter-arguments to your website appear to be at:

    http://www.railconversion.co.uk/
    http://transportmyths.co.uk/

More generally, David MacKay's book is a thought-provoking read.

    Sustainable Energy - without the hot air
    http://www.withouthotair.com/

-jonathan

[1] Unlike: http://xkcd.com/386/