[sclug] sclug Digest, Vol 72, Issue 5

Sean Furey sean-lists-sclug at furey.me.uk
Tue Sep 22 23:18:50 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 07:58:26PM +0100, Keith Edmunds wrote:
> In a similar vein, TCA chooses to present his arguments on line, but lacks
> both literacy and the willingness to improve. Odd that someone should
> choose to communicate via a medium they are remarkably inept at using and
> seemingly proud of it.
>
> For that reason, I'm out.

If you're unwilling to enter discussions merely because of errors in
spelling/grammar[1] that do not significantly interfere with the
message[2], then you're much more interested in pedantry than
discussions anyway.

I don't actually have much interest in discussing the train/bus thing
on-list, finding it a much more interesting pub conversation with no
conclusion.  Talking about the narrow-minded intolerances that make me
ashamed to associate myself with the term "geek", on the other hand...

Sean

[1] A word for which I can never remember the correct spelling for.
That I felt the need to be certain I had it right because it'd probably
be focused on aptly illustrates the point.  Feel free to rip the hell
out of any other errors.
[2] u r not strgling thru txt lik dis