[sclug] OT: Android 1.5 TCP options ordering bug

Martin Summers Martin.Summers at ansys.com
Tue Feb 2 07:59:39 UTC 2010

Hello Alex,

 Clutching at straws here - is there a tool (similar to iptables ?)
which you can use to strip out some of your TCP options  and make it a
bit more "compliant" ?
The only other thing I can think of is either proxying to another local
device (useless when you are mobile I guess), or if there is some tool
that allows you to tunnel services over UDP (again, its all manual build
stuff I guess).

How painful is it to try a different Kernel - or is it easier and
cheaper to replace the Zyxel router ? Out of curiosity, how widespread
have you found the router intollerance to be when "out and about" using
the device mobile ?

I guess the other option is to just wait and see what upgrades are
released......(waiting costs you money in the mobile handset game !)

Regards,

Martin

P.S My Zaurus c860 is still serving me well ;-)