[sclug] Community Support

Russell xtcnews at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jun 3 14:21:25 UTC 2010

I think everybody has different reasons for doing things, I agree with some of the reasons given. Myself, I rarely give help on support forums, the reason being that most of the time I have no clue on the answer or somebody has got there first. I do help friends / people I know with computers to sort out there problems when I can and also give people advice on things that are wrong if I feel it will help.

One of my pet hates is somebody that watches you do something wrong and then tells you after that they could have told you it was going to - So why didn't they ???

I agree with Jason in that I also like things that work as they should.Things that don't work as they should seem to bother me and I have an urge to fix it.

 I am always grateful to the people that help me on the forums such as these and to the person that first introduced me to Linux.

Must get down the pub again soon, but I seem to always be away when the meetings are on.

Russell