[sclug] sclug Digest, Vol 78, Issue 2

Neil Haughton haughtonomous at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 5 12:39:56 UTC 2010

No, not that. I figured it out in the end - there's a long meandering trail
of symlinks from /usr/lib/firefox/plugins culminating in the adobe
'alternative' plugin located at /usr/lib/adobe-flashplugin/libflashplayer.so
(it goes via, inter-alia, /etc/alternatives - I think the aim is to lose you
on the way :-) ). It turns out that this trail is intact for me, but logged
in as my wife it breaks and she ends up using another libflashplayer.so, the
one that doesn't work correctly. I copied the correct one into her
~/.mozilla/plugins folder to override the incorrect one (not sure exactly
where that is though) and it all works correctly. Sometime when I have the
mental energy I will map out the two symlink routes to see where it is going
wrong for her.

Who conceives these fiendish arrangements? :-)

Thanks for the input.

Neil