[sclug] sclug Digest, Vol 78, Issue 7

Neil Haughton haughtonomous at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 22 12:30:09 UTC 2010

> 3 years is a standard accountancy write-off period for computer hardware
> though.
>
> So what? It doesn't mean you have to buy new stuff - it just means that the
asset value is considered to be zero (usually for tax purposes IIRC).
 Actually RBC could make a big thing about spending local taxes wisely if
they chose not to spend this absurd amount of money on unnecessary kit now
that it has (apparently) been written off - making best use of expensive
resources etc etc. Personally I think the presence of MS (a large employer)
in the borough could well have rather more to do with this decision than any
considerations of need.

Mind you, writing about it here is likely to have zero effect. Write to your
councillor and complain!

Neil