[sclug] Yet Another lightweight ARM device

David Given dg at cowlark.com
Thu Dec 15 00:16:21 UTC 2011

People may have heard me talk in the past about a project to produce a
Raspberry-Pi-esque ARM-based device with more power and less proprietary
hardware. Well, preorders for the device have opened. Price is currently
$75 for just the board (no shipping, customs, PSU, etc). This will (when
it's produced) get you:

- 1.5GHz Cortex-A8
- 1GB RAM
- 1GB flash
- MALI GPU, incredibly fast MPEG decode, HDMI, etc, etc, all the
standard stuff
- usual set of connectors including ethernet, USB2, SATA

...plus a working kernel and a decent set of non-blob drivers (although
not for everything).

When the thing's in mass production he's hoping for $15 a board. Which
would be nice.

Email with lots of information in it here:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-arm/2011/12/msg00030.html

Preorder page here:

http://rhombus-tech.net//allwinner_a10/orders/

Obviously, low-level hackers only need apply right now, and I can't
vouch for whether the project is genuine, realistic, useful, going to do
anything other than take your money and go to the Bahamas, etc. These
links provided for interest value only. Value of unproduced hardware can
go down as well as up. Nevertheless, there seems to be enough interest
in the Pi that I reckon people would also be interested in this, so here
you go.

--
?