[sclug] Ghost HDD

Graham Swallow lists at information-cascade.co.uk
Tue Jul 26 13:00:39 UTC 2011

clonezilla

Its menus are spectacularly awful,
but it does a great job, and boots from CD,
and you will also have the hardware info,
including serial numbers, MAC/DTE,
in-case it gets stolen.

I used it to upgrade a disk.

You dont have to plug-in the USB-save-to disk,
until it mentions it/suggests it, so you know its ok.

You change the dir-name to year-mm-dd-topp
and later copy that to your server
/media/T2/CLONEZILLA/year-mm-dd-topp-W7-initial/
where you have a collection, of boxes, roll-back points,

Graham