[sclug] [OT] Where does apt keep its list of installed software?

Darren Davison darren at davisononline.org
Tue Oct 25 17:38:52 UTC 2011

On 25/10/11 17:45, Ed Davies wrote:
> Just curious, but is there anybody who likes Unity? I haven't
> heard of anybody yet. Might get a new netbook soon and try it
> on that but my main laptop's staying firmly on Maverick for
> the time being.

hated it in 11.04, totally unusable with my preference for
focus-follows-mouse.  Switched back to classic interface after a day.
Since I use gnome-do heavily anyway, most of the "features" of Unity
looked like a second rate rip off of that.

When I heard that 11.11 wasn't going to support a fall back to classic,
I ditched it and switched both my desktop and laptop to LinuxMint.  In
the process I went with the Debian base (LMDE) instead of the Ubuntu base.

I've used Ubuntu since Dapper, but recent releases and the recent
attitude of developers to certain bugs that have been filed have meant
that a switch away was coming for a while.

(LMDE is like having a ball and chain removed from my computers!)

Cheers,

--
Darren Davison
Public Key: 0xE855B3EA