[sclug] RepRap 3D Printers, Thames Valley User Group

Philip Hands phil at hands.com
Thu Sep 1 12:23:34 UTC 2011

On Tue, 30 Aug 2011 13:12:25 +0100, Simon Huggins <huggie at earth.li> wrote:
> This might interest some here.
>    There is a group of people (from e-mpirical -- a company based in
> Reading University's business centre) who are attempting to get a
> Thames Valley RepRap user group started. They are holding an initial
> planning meeting for a RepRap building party on Saturday 17th
> September at Copa in Reading town centre. If you're interested, please
> come along. More details and a sign-up form are available at:
>
> http://www.eventbrite.com/event/2043790031

Having just signed up to this, I note that the page currently states in
the "Where & When" panel that it'll be held on:

  Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 8:00 PM (GMT)

which presumably means that they changed their mind about the Saturday
timing on the basis that too many people couldn't make it.

BTW I built a RepRap at this event:

  http://www.emakershop.com/MasterClass

and have it mostly working (after upgrading firmware, switching to the
new fork of skeinforge [https://github.com/ahmetcemturan/SFACT], and
various other sodding about to get the stepper drivers to not overheat
quite as much as they were).

It's a great way of disposing of any surplus spare time you might have
;-)

Cheers, Phil.