[sclug] Web Application Firewall?

Dickon Hood dickon-ml at fluff.org
Wed Sep 28 20:22:33 UTC 2011

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 19:51:37 +0100, Keith Edmunds wrote:
: On Wed, 28 Sep 2011 18:17:54 +0100, sapan.ganguly at gmail.com said:
: > I've been told that I need to provide a web application firewall by
: > the end of tomorrow.

: Does the entity that told you to do this want the firewall implemented
: properly? If so, why are they asking someone who doesn't know how to do
: that, and imposing an arbitrary deadline? You also say that the IIS server
: "needs some kind of extra protection": what kind of extra protection?

It's IIS.  It Isn't Secure (tm).

Dickon Hood
--
Due to unending piles of junk mail, my .sig is temporarily unavailable.
Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.  We apologise for the

This email was sent from a colocated server, and needs no excuses.