[sclug] Recommendation for Laptop for Linux

Keith Edmunds kae at midnighthax.com
Sat Dec 6 20:13:13 UTC 2014

On Sat, 06 Dec 2014 19:55:51 +0000, olivier.lauret at googlemail.com said:

> Linux Emporium website doesn't seem to work anymore. I cannot see any
> items.

The Linux Emporium is one of the sad stories of Linux in the UK. They
*used* to be really, really good. Then the original owner, a guy called
John Winters, sold the business. No criticism of him for doing so (quite
the opposite: well done), but it went rapidly and continuously downhill
from that point. I stopped buying from them soon after John sold up (around
2004 or so, I think).
--
"You can't live a perfect day without doing something for someone
who will never be able to repay you."