[sclug] Cloud Engineers Needed at NTT

Sapan Ganguly sapan.ganguly at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 13:17:08 UTC 2020

Hello all,

I haven't used this list for a very long time, what I'm about to write
will sound a little like it is coming from a recruitment agency but it
isn't, I promise.

I have a couple of new positions on my team (I'm the hiring manager), we're
based in Theale on Arlington Business Park, but much the same as everyone
else we're working 100% from home right now.

I should give you a little background on what we're doing and what we're
hoping to move to.  My team is responsible for the day to day running and
maintenance of our managed security platform.  Right now this runs on AWS
with a few components that are still on-premise and yet to move.  We run
homemade Kubernetes clusters and Kafka clusters in AWS amongst other
things.  We'd like to move to EKS and MKS for those particular components
and we're making use of Terraform and Atlantis to achieve that.

Another challenge we have is to achieve true CI/CD, we use Gitlab currently
and although we've made some headway in utilising Gitlab CI to take care of
kicking off automatic tests and deployment of some components we still have
some way to go.

There may be some opportunity in the future to replicate some of this in
Azure too but that isn't confirmed yet.

If any of this sounds interesting to you or if you know of anyone that may
be interested feel free to get in touch with me.  If you have a CV to
submit it may be better to send that to my work address
(sapan.ganguly at global.ntt) rather than this one.

Thanks,
Sapan