[sclug] Looking for capable junior / amateur

Gareth France gareth.france at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 14:50:13 UTC 2022

Hi everyone I'm hoping:
a) that posting to the group in this method actually works
b) that a post of this manner is ok, apologies if not.

A vacancy has recently opened up in my department and we have been
struggling to tap into the right kind of candidates. I am performing a
remote IT support service supporting our products within the customer's
workplace. My role involves diagnosing and resolving issues remotely as we
as a degree of software related work which would require an understand of
programming on a basic level.

I believe the sort of person we would be looking for might be someone who
has programmed as a hobby and perhaps is capable in IT support but is still
looking for that first step into the industry. Experience and
qualifications are not essential but we are keen to find someone who
demonstrates they are able to work their way logically through a problem.

I was wondering if any of you may either know someone who is in this sort
of position and may consider taking on a role in Oxford or any suggestions
as to how best appeal to this demographic would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance and hope to see you all when the meetings recommence soon.
Gareth