[Scottish] Small distros

Ben Thorp scottish@mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Aug 23 15:52:01 2002

AFAIK, yes it is. It was originally marketted on the principal that it was
RedHat, but with Pentium optimised RPMs.

Most of the distros will do a minimal install, although they might struggle
with memory. Even Slack 8.1 now needs at least 16Mb, IIRC.

ZipSlack fits on a 100Mb DOS partition, too.

Just my $0.02

mrBen

                      "Ian Drake, IT, CIR,
                      SE Dunbartonshire"            To:       "'scottish@mailman.lug.org.uk'" <scottish@mailman.lug.org.uk>
                      <ian.drake@scotent.co.        cc:
                      uk>                           Subject:  RE: [Scottish] Small distros
                      Sent by:
                      scottish-admin@mailman
                      .lug.org.uk

                      23/08/02 15:40