[Scottish] OT Laptops (the saga comes to an end)

William Anderson scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Dec 12 12:55:01 2002

george wrote:
>  Having searched high and low for a laptop without XP on it, I
> eventually found one,  an iBook!

nice :)

> Anyway Now that I have all the programs running in the mac that I needed
> windows for, I am left with a problem. Which distro should I install on
> my PC when I remove windows.
>
> It's between MD9 or Gentoo

I never liked Mandrake in the past, but 9.0 is apparently the dog's bollocks
when it comes to hardware detection and driver config - the three iso images
for the download edition are on the covermount DVD on this month's
(Christmas 2002) issue of Linux Format.

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________ "When Microsoft Office is your only hammer,
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \ pretty much everything begins to look like