[Scottish] SVGAlib

Thomas Figg scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Nov 15 15:49:01 2002

Quoting Allan Bruce <allanmb@dsl.pipex.com>:

> Howdy all,
> missing, I think the svgalib I have is too new as the files missing are
> always '1' less than the ones I have.  Does anybody know how to solve
> this?

Recompile Quake :o). The source has been gpl'ed and is avaliable
on ftp.idsoftware.com

This also means you wont need libc5, and can run an i686 optimized version

> Has anybody tried ttyquake? If so, what is it like?

Unplayable, as quake uses svgalib to get the mouse events, and
ttyquake works by using a svgalib wrapper to aalib.

It isnt as fun as using mplayer -vo aa to watch dvds :)

Also, if you recompile quake, you'll find that ttyquake wont play along nicely
do all you have to do there is compile the svga wrapper yourself
and stick it in the tty directory....

thomas figg / thomas.figg@ed.ac.uk