[Scottish] Nov 28 talk: Scrum and/or XP discussion

Will Partain scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Nov 20 16:39:00 2002

Folks, here's the "abstract" for next week's
talk/discussion.  Something for everyone, I hope.

	Scrum Management and/or Extreme Programming
		 Will Partain, Verilab Ltd.

I will introduce and we will discuss Scrum (project
management, http://www.controlchaos.com/) and/or Extreme
Programming (http://www.extremeprogramming.org/).  If you've
felt the soul-destroying kiss of death from the SEI CMM,
project schedules that make the lottery look a safe bet, and
"all documentation, no code" software, then these "agile
methods" should come as a breath of fresh air.  You're
already on the leading edge of operating system technology,
why not step out front on project and software methodology,
too?

As a one-time-only bonus, I will bring along some frivolity
from the just-past LISA (sysadmin) conference.