[Scottish] Debian

Robert Lazzurs scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Oct 4 13:45:01 2002

--=.8A3krRiNTKc?Y6

On Fri, 4 Oct 2002 13:25:57 +0100
Mark Robinson <mcr@reason-technology.com> wrote:

> Hello S.L.U.G,
>
> Following up my own posts now. sheesh
>
> Talking of debian, there are a number of things that I'm not sure
> about/haven't had time to investigate...
>
> 1) What firewall packages are people using

gShield, I have been using it for a while and now that there is a debian
package for it all the better :)

> What are people's thoughts on Debian as a "small business server"? I.e
> providing file/print, dial on demand internet access via a proxy
> etc...

You better know how to configure all your services by hand, eg, editing
the dotfiles.

Take care - RL

--
MSN:lazzurs@everybuddy.com	|"All that is etched in stone
Yahoo:admroblaz AIM:admroblaz	|is truly only scribbled in

--=.8A3krRiNTKc?Y6

--=.8A3krRiNTKc?Y6--