[Scottish] Thursday Night Update

Allan Whiteford scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Oct 8 17:35:00 2002

Hi,

As an update to my previous e-mail, members of the Scottish Linux Users
Group will be meeting on Thursday evening (10th October) from 7pm
onwards in the Goose on Union Street. The address is 40-46 Union Street
and the pub can be found (pretty much) opposite central station and down
a wee bit. Everyone is welcome to come along.

See http://www.glasgowguide.co.uk/pubs-g-l.html for more details and a
map.

Look for the usual suspects, if you've never been to a meeting before or
have forgot what we all look like then e-mail me and I'll give you a
mobile phone number to ring when you get to the pub. There is no
pressure to arrive at 7pm exactly, come along at whatever time suits you
best.

For those of you coming straight from work, the Goose sells food.

Since we will just be in the pub, there will be no formal topic of
discussion but plenty of linux, unix and computer talk should be
expected. At some point we should discuss other purely social events
which we can undertake. Going out for Curry and visiting a Brewery
spring to mind but bring ideas with you. But, lets just see if we can
motivate enough people to drag themself to the pub before we get
illusions of curry, breweries and grandeur.

Thanks,

Allan
--
The continents names all end with the same letter they start with.