[Scottish] notebook & X

Huard, Elise - D C&W Consultant scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Oct 23 12:49:00 2002

Hi,

has anyone experience with installing X an Acer Aspire 1300 notebook ?
i've spent frustating hours trying to get my XF86Config file right,
installing the latest updates of XFree86 (4.2.1), apt-getting every related
package i could think of, but to no avail.  The documentation with the
notebook doesn't give any indication about frequencies (and i've been
looking at various websites, in all kinds of languages, with no result) - i
found a howto for the Aspire 1400 but the frequencies mentioned in there
won't work, it still gives the error message :
Fatal error
No screen found

it seems to recognise my graphic card (S3 Savage 4) without somehow being
able to cope with it (not found in a header something like XPciInfo*.h ).

does anyone have an idea ?
If not, i'll go and bother people on the XFree86 mailing list or something.

Elise
This email and any accompanying files are confidential.      If you are
not  the  intended recipient  you  must not use,  copy or disclose the
content.   If you have received this email in error please contact the
sender by return email and delete this message.
Thankyou for your co-operation.