[Scottish] Debian install question

Graeme Mathieson scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Oct 25 16:57:01 2002

On Fri, Oct 25, 2002 at 04:19:21PM +0100, Mark Robinson wrote:

> I've been using SuSE for a number of years now, but I've been thinking
> about using more Debian lately... The only thing I'm not too sure
> about is: is it possible to set up software raid/lvm during
> installation like you can with SuSE?

It can be done.  But you'd have to build custom boot disks, so it might
be more trouble than it's worth...  Matt Zimmerman described how to do
it for EVMS (IBM's really hoopy LVM/RAID management stuff) but a quick
Google search didn't pop up what I was looking for.

Ask me again later and I'll look more closely.  For now, I'm off to the
pub. :-)
--
Right now, there are scr1pt k1dd13s plotting to DDoS my network, my co-lo
server is not responding  to pings and  the people that I IRC with may be