[Scottish] Talks (not October nor December)

Martin McCarthy scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Oct 26 20:04:01 2002

Tony - have you not managed to shake off the organise-everything mantle
yet?  You must be getting to hate us by now!

> Do we have any speakers for this month's meeting?

I'll not be there this month, nor December.

After the procmail talk, someone (sorry, I forget who you were)
suggested that a talk on regular expressions might be useful.

Yes, more line noise!

So if folk like, I could talk about reaching regular expression nirvana
and how to use REs from Perl5, sed, awk, [ef]?grep, procmail and C...maybe
Perl6 too if I reread the Apocalypse and Exegesis.  And I could do that
probably in November or almost certainly in January.  January would let
me get more familiar with the Perl6 side of things, if that would be of
interest.

Martin McCarthy                 /</         http://www.non-prophet.org
marty@ancient-scotland.co.uk    \>\  http://www.ancient-scotland.co.uk
                                /</    http://www.ehabitat.demon.co.uk