[Scottish] BT 5861 Router question

Rod McCall scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Sep 3 17:27:01 2002

Thanks to eeryone for their comments here is an answer to one...

>Do you know how, or have the instructions, for how to configure the router?

I downloaded a PDF from the manufacturer (Efficient Networks) which
provided some information. However the BT firmware and hence the set up
screens are different.   Also I don' t have the mac address for it.

As for Nat and non-Nat well I don't have ADSL yet, but tried wiring into
the set up screen yesterday.  It would appear that the bog standard login
does work - seems the previous owners weren't overly secure!

cheers,

rod