[Scottish] Linux on RS/6000

Graeme Mathieson scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Apr 1 11:45:00 2003

Debian may be of help ... start at http://www.debian.org/ports/powerpc/

> I have a 44p model 170 (single 400Mhz power 3-11
> processor, 512Mb RAM, 18Gb disk, GXT130P graphics adaptor)

Coincidentally, there's a how-to for exactly that model[1], though the
person already had Suse 7.3 installed which may have made life easier
for him...

> which most of the time is switched off

I'd be happy to take it off your hands if it's just gathering dust. :-)

Footnotes:
[1]  http://www.personalized-story-book.com/debian/Woody_ibm_chrp_net_inst_HOWTO.html
--
Right now, there are scr1pt k1dd13s plotting to DDoS my network, my co-lo
server is not responding  to pings and  the people that I IRC with may be