[Scottish] Fetchmail and Webmin..

scottish@mailman.lug.org.uk scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Apr 7 15:32:00 2003

----------1049729477

Hi All

I have a little problem here that should have been straightforward but i've only made things worse..  should have asked first..

I have fetchmail polling my isp and handing over to procmail which delivers to $HOME/Mail with this recipe

# Configuration created Sat 17 Nov 2001 by me
set logfile "/home/apostolus/.fetchmail.log"
set postmaster "apostolus"

set daemon 300

poll pop3.blueyonder.co.uk
	proto pop3
	user me
	password "mine"
	is apostolus stripcr warnings 3600

	mda "/usr/bin/procmail -d apostolus"

it works fine and i have a logs for both fetchmail and procmail which have no issues

i use webmin when i'm out and about to admin my server which uses the command

fetchmail -v -f

when i want to leave messages on the server i check the appropriate radio button on the webmin control panel which inserts 'keep' into the above recipe..  as i do not want to receive all messages every time my isp mailbox is polled, i also select no to no to 'Always fetch all messages'..  therein is the problem..  when i look at the recipe after selecting the two radio buttons, i see both keep and fetchall in it and as a consequence, messages are left on the server but each time my account is polled and get everything so i tend not to keep anything on the isp server..

i manuall setup both fetchmail and procmail, logs and all which could be the problem or it could have something to do with the command fetchmail -v -f  ..

as i'm not too sure here how to change the fetchmail command, any assistance would be greatly appreciated..

many thanks,, apost
----------1049729477--