[Scottish] April 2003 ScotLUG Meeting

Kenny Duffus scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Apr 23 12:14:00 2003

This months meeting will be in the usual place, the Departemnet of
Computer & Information Sciences Staff Commonroom in L11.09 of
Livingstone Tower, University of Strathclyde at 19.30 with biscuits and
coffee available from 19.15.  A map is available at:

http://www.scotlug.org.uk/modules.php?op=modload&name=Meetings&file=index

The provisional program for the meeting will be a Question & Answer
session followed by a freeform chat/discussion on matters Linux and
computing.  This month there will be a special emphasis on those new to
Linux so if you have been lurking on the list/website please come along
and feel free to ask any questions you have and those more experienced
will try to help you.

For those of you unsure about repartitioning your compters but wuld like
to have a play with Linux, I will have available some copies of
Knoppix (http://www.knoppix.org/) which is a bootable CD allowing you to
run Linux without having to install anything on a hard disk, if you'd
like a copy please bring a blank CD.

After this part of the meeting we will adjorn to the Counting House pub
on George Square (also shown on the above map) about 21.00 for those
needing some refreshment and a chance for more chat and to get to know
the other people in the group.

	Kenny