[Scottish] SuSE 8.2 passwords problem continues ...

neil sinclair scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Aug 27 22:44:00 2003

Hi folks -

I tried deleting the password entry in /etc/passwd and /etc/passwd, all that
happened was I lost the option to use the graphical login: login from a
terminal still failed.

The system is using pam, and I don't have time right now to delve into the
murky details of which modules relate to my problem. Damn.

For now, I'll just copy all my wife's data files into a new account, leave the
old one inactive, and get back to it when I have time. I'll post the solution
(if I find one) back to the list.

Thanks to all who helped - much appreciated.

Cheers

Neil.