[Scottish] Network testing tools?

Mark Robinson mcr at reason-technology.com
Thu Dec 4 10:34:17 GMT 2003

Hello S.L.U.G,

I'm having trouble proving to Demon that there are problems with an
ADSL connection. It's _really_ slow at times, comes to a halt, then
everything seems to load.  We've had pings with 19% packet loss to one
of Demon's own name servers!

Does anyone have any recommendations for network testing tools to try
and pin down the problem?  I tried doing a traceroute and then running
pings to all hops along the route, but there's nothing consistent.

*sound of hair being removed by the handful*

Cheers,
Mark.