[Scottish] The Future of the LUG (was: Re: Next Meeting)

Phil Deane phil at miracleexpress.force9.co.uk
Tue Dec 9 19:21:43 GMT 2003

On Tuesday 09 Dec 2003 14:40, William Anderson wrote:

> Is it time perhaps to rename ourselves the Glasgow LUG?  Also, the Scottish
> LUG could be reused as an umbrella organisation, perhaps uniting the other
> LUGs in Scotland to form a larger community ... This could be an excellent
> way of getting LUGs to work together in a variety of ways, maybe
> encouraging other LUGs to be formed to cater for local communities where
> there is no LUG (Inverness? Oban? Ayr? Orkneys?) and would allow ourselves
> to refocus on the task of being a user group for Glasgow, and not the whole
> of Scotland.

But then we would be GLUG? Which in itself, sounds like a bunch of
pissheads(We at least have to keep up the facade of being sensible)

I have been to a few Meetings, which initially were held at Borders, which
suited me as I worked in town, and usually worked late.(why was Borders
finished with?, I always thought it was a good neutral place)

Now with a different job, i finish at 5, and normally dont fancy hanging
around town for 2 1/2 hours before the meeting, which explains why I havn't
been to one for a few years. Also being customer facing, and having a 9am
appointment on Firdays I dont like to drink the night before, and I its
against my irishness to go into a pub and not drink :)

--

Phil Deane
http://www.MiracleExpress.force9.co.uk