[Scottish] The Future of the LUG

Allan Whiteford allan at whiteford.org.uk
Wed Dec 10 09:53:44 GMT 2003

William Anderson wrote:
> Colin McKinnon wrote:

>> I don't think there's any need to dismantle Scottish LUG;
>

> I suggested nothing of the sort.  I suggested *renaming* scotlug to
> glasgow lug, and *reusing* the scotlug name to provide an umbrella LUG
> to help build stronger links between the LUG in glasgow with other LUGs
> in the country.

I don't think there is merit in renaming the user group, changing the
name won't make any difference to what we do, let's not start grasping
at straws and instead do something positive to better the user group.
Lots of very good suggestions have come about from Willie's original post.

The last then we need is our web presence removed when we change name,
the domain name (scotlug.org.uk) to become invalid for our uses and the
IRC channel to die/move in such a way that people can't find us.

Thanks,

Allan