[Scottish] Date of next meeting

Willie willie at itscotland.demon.co.uk
Wed Dec 17 14:59:27 GMT 2003

On Monday 15 December 2003 08:07, Ben Thorp wrote:
> As far as I am aware, the 18th it is, unless anyone has any serious
> objections...... I shall be esconsed in the Counting House at 7.30. With a
> bit of luck the fluffy penguin may show up too!
I am unlikely to be there for 7:30, however, I expect to be there after 9ish.
I am looking forward to discussing new activities for the group, possibly
including  a coherent advocacy programme.
I'm into  some sort of campaign on the file format front at the Scottish
Executive et al. Lets see who else is  or what anyone else would regard as a
priority and a winable battle.

Right now, my minimum demands would be that all documents produced by the
Scottish Executive be stored electronically in a format other than Microsoft
proprietary.
I'm willing to be convinced that this should be some or all of .rtf, .pdf or
OpenOffice. or some other format.
I am also willing to be convinced I am talking mince. Please feel free to
convince me either way.
I think this is an area which would attract wide support amongst MSPs and the
general public as it offers technical, legal and financial advantages.
I have already had some offers of assistance with this, who else wants to take
this further?
We have had one dissenter so far, but unfortunately, no constructive
alternatives were offered.

Best Regards
Willie Fleming