[Scottish] [Scottish: CGI IRC client available for use in #scotlug

Thomas McLean tam at linuxrulesthe.net
Fri Dec 19 13:31:54 GMT 2003

Hi,

Since this morning I've been tinkering around with CGI IRC (thanks to
Alan) I have decided to put it on my ISP's box. It's not been tested
much and mainly pointed at the people who don't have access to the
Scotlug Java irc applet.

Personally I've had it to work under Linux through Mozilla 1.5 and
Konqueror (debian unstable). Other people have tryed it out and it seems
to work OK. Still a bit flaky IMO though.

http://cgi.tam1984.plus.com/cgi-bin/irc.cgi  is the URL and hopefully it
will not kill my isp's resources and force them to turn it off, but am
sure it won't come to that but just incase.

HTH the people who didn't have access before.

Tam

p.s. You can use the other channels on the freenode irc network also
with this.