[Scottish] Large cardboard penguins

scottish+Steven.Murdoch at cl.cam.ac.uk scottish+Steven.Murdoch at cl.cam.ac.uk
Tue Dec 23 19:50:10 GMT 2003

On Tue, Dec 23, 2003 at 06:40:24PM +0000, Willie wrote:
> My kids are going to build a large cardboard Tux. I know there is a programme
> out there that will let me blow up a .gif and print it out on several sheets
> of A4. Anybody know what it is called?

"Poster" sounds like what you mean:
 http://printing.kde.org/downloads/

> Then I need to find a Tux outline image.

http://www.isc.tamu.edu/~lewing/linux/ sounds like a good start. There
is a b/w vector image one at:
 http://www.isc.tamu.edu/~lewing/linux/penguin.eps.gz

> Large areas of cardboard are no problem.

Or if you run out, then you could order some SmartMedia from Dabs. My
3cm x 4cm x 0.1cm memory card came in a 60cm x 60 cm x 30cm cardboard
box with *lots* of packing. It felt like a lucky dip.

Hope this helps,
Steven.