[Scottish] Your caring, sharing LUG

Willie willie at itscotland.demon.co.uk
Mon Dec 29 16:33:56 GMT 2003

The wikipedia folks need some help http://www.wikimedia.org/letter.html.
A quick confab on IRC suggested we could make a difference by taking up a
collection at the next meeting and making a single  PayPal (or whatever)
transaction.  A goal of raising £50 was mentioned.  We also touched on a
regular donation programme to support worthy Open Source projects.
Real big time approx £1 per person per month from those who can afford it and
wish to donate. Even students can afford that, surely?

Thoughts, flames?

Latest news is that wikipedia have reached their target, however there are
plenty of other worthy projects.

Almost entirely unrelated, I was surfing (cant mind just what linked to it)
and came across www.blug.org.
Is this a model we should attempt to emulate? They also claim to be
"technically unstructured"

--
Best Regards
Willie Fleming