[Scottish] Pin drop

Colin McKinnon scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Feb 12 11:31:01 2003

ray wrote:

>On Tuesday 11 February 2003 18:26, Huard, Elise - D C&W Consultant wrote:
>

>>Sounds interesting : i'll try Tom's root&boot.  MS hasn't trashed anything
>>

>I used to have a multi-boot NT4/NT5/Linux machine and used the NT boot manager
>(boot.ini) to choose.  I found instructions at
>http://www.linuxgazette.com/issue36/larriera.html  that looks as if it is the

Without wanting to go down the 'my bootloder is better than yours'
path....having used lilo for years, I've now converted to grub. It reads
ext2/3, reiser and various other fs so you can boot up from a floppy
disk, and if you can remember where you parked your kernel start up your
original installation. I've not tried it on dual-boot box though.

Colin