[Scottish] Fwd: [edlug] Security Enhanced Linux - interest?

willie fleming scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Jan 1 17:59:00 2003

I don't usually cross-post from Edlug, but I thought this would interestr=
 a=20
few folks.

Happy New Year
Willie

Subject: [edlug] Security Enhanced Linux - interest?
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2003 01:28:16 +0000
From: Steve Kemp <skx@tardis.ed.ac.uk>
To: edlug@lists.ed.ac.uk

Hi,

  I've recently been discussing several security issues, and changes
 to the base Debian installation upon the Debian mailing lists.  (Most
 notably debian-devel).

  During the course of these exchanges Russell Coker, one of the leading
 lights behind the SE Linux - security enhanced distributions suggested
 that he would be in Scotland next, (this?), year - around March or
 April, and he would be prepared to talk about his experience and
 distribution.

  Would there be any interest in an Edlug SE Linux talk and question/
 answer session?

  If so I'll be happy to liase with him nearer the time, and organize
 a suitable time/location for any event.

Steve
--
# Debian Security Audit Project