[Scottish] anybody good with nfs?

Colin McKinnon scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Jan 17 08:47:01 2003

Paul Millar wrote:

>What's in /var/log/messages on the server (I guess the client says
>"permission denied").  The server usually says why its denied a request.

Thanks Paul. I think I've solved it - although the systems were happy to
negotiate most file operations across nfs without the 'insecure' option
on the exports (server), it was only after I added this that they would
agree on locking. It was the message in the logs (after I'd set some
more liberal logging options) that pointed me in the right direction -
"nfsd: request from insecure port (7e000032:49213)!".

Colin