[Scottish] OT : web design

Ben Thorp scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Jan 27 15:39:01 2003

Depend on how au fait he is with actual webpage coding, then I would
recommend Webmaster in a Nutshell (O'Reilly) as a great reference book
covering HTML, DHTML, CSS, JavaScript, PHP, MySQL - it is a _reference_
book rather than a tutorial, but great if you know what you are doing, but
forgot the specific command.

Personally, I very rarely feel cheated out of my money when I buy O'Reilly.

Ben Thorp

                      "Huard, Elise - D C&W
                      Consultant"                   To:       "scottish@lists.lug.org.uk" <scottish@mailman.lug.org.uk>
                      <Elise.Huard@sbs.sieme        cc:
                      ns.co.uk>                     Subject:  [Scottish] OT : web design
                      Sent by:
                      scottish-admin@mailman
                      .lug.org.uk

                      27/01/03 15:29
                      Please respond to
                      scottish

Hello,

very OT, but does anyone have a good reference (book/software) for the
design/creation of a web site ?  A friend of mine wants to make a site for
his band, but has no clue of how to go about it.  He's computer literate,
has a nice new Mac and a lot of time on his hands.  Any ideas ?
Thank you,

Elise

This email and any accompanying files are confidential.      If you are
not  the  intended recipient  you  must not use,  copy or disclose the
content.   If you have received this email in error please contact the
sender by return email and delete this message.
Thankyou for your co-operation.