[Scottish] modems

Calum Matheson scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Jan 31 19:11:01 2003

My boss at my last job got a new laptop a few months ago.  He had this
ancient digital camera with a serial connector on it, so went out and
bought an inverter, turned out what he thought was a female serial port
on the back was a VGA connector.  He ended up just buying a new camera.

You could always get a USB to serial thingy, their website claims
sopport is available for Linux, it's probably more expensive than
another modem though :)
http://www.keyspan.com/support/linux/
http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=USB-SERIAL-CONV