[Scottish] Swap partitions -- do modern boxen really need them? Discuss

Kyle Gordon scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Jul 16 11:47:00 2003

On a slightly related note, with the new 2.6 kernel you now get suspend to
swap. This can be slightly problematic if you have less swap than (in use)
RAM

I see your point though, 2xRAM swap does seem slightly excessive, and is
probably useless, unless you have a laptop that you wish to use swsusp on.
Even then you'd probably only need a little bit more swap than you have RAM.

Talking of which... is there anyway to assign X amount of swap, but only let
the kernel use a specific amount?

Regards

Kyle