[Scottish] Spec for server

Ben Thorp scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Jun 10 13:23:01 2003

Depend what else you want to run too......

Shouldn't  be a problem though - I've run SuSE 7.2 on a 2Gb drive, with
Apache, on a PII 300, 128Mb RAM, although I didn't use it as a full time
webserver, it was my main desktop.

Ben Thorp

                      Mark Robinson
                      <mcr@reason-technology        To:       "S.L.U.G" <scottish@mailman.lug.org.uk>
                      .com>                         cc:
                      Sent by:                      Subject:  [Scottish] Spec for server
                      scottish-admin@mailman
                      .lug.org.uk

                      10-06-03 13:16
                      Please respond to
                      scottish

Hello S.L.U.G,

Can anyone give me an idea if a PII 400 with 384Mb RAM + 8G HDD will
be enough to run apache/tomcat, probably using SuSE 8.1 Pro...

Cheers,
Mark