[Scottish] button

Ben Thorp scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Jun 16 08:35:01 2003

GKrellm can also have buttons for removable filesystems - you can set it up
to both mount/umount and eject CDs from a button.

Ben Thorp

                      Gordon JC Pearce
                      <gordonjcp@gjcp.net>          To:       scottish@mailman.lug.org.uk
                      Sent by:                      cc:
                      scottish-admin@mailman        Subject:  RE: [Scottish] button
                      .lug.org.uk

                      13-06-03 18:14
                      Please respond to
                      scottish

On Fri, 2003-06-13 at 17:11, Huard, Elise - D C&W Consultant wrote:
> Lawrence,
>
> i've known that command for a couple of years, or i would be in trouble :
-)
> No, just curious, without any pressing need - actually i was trying to
talk
> someone into using Linux, but this button matter rather turned him off
> (you've got to actually open a terminal and type something, instead of
just
> pressing the button)

IIRC some of the desktops stick a CD icon on, that you can right-click
and eject the CD from the menu.  I think it may be possible to trap the
button press somehow.