[Scottish] Buying new Hardware - Advice

Matt Lowe scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Jun 23 08:57:02 2003

My only comment would be how many ram slots does the new m/b have for
each type of memory?

If you are only using 2 sticks of 133 at the mo, you would normally be
ok, but if you have a combination of more than that, it might not all
fit on the m/b :(
Also remember that if you want to upgrade your memory, then you will
have to ditch ALL your 133 stuff for DDR (you cant run both types at
once)  :(

Matt Lowe

On Mon, 2003-06-23 at 01:36, Phil Deane wrote:
> Hi Folks
>=20
> Further to my last message I went to Ebuyer.com and picked out some stuff=
 :)=20
>=20
> I have googled for any linux problems and don't think i found anything ex=
cept=20
> a bios security flaw with the motherboard, which only affects a physical=20
> presence in front of the machine, which isn't important.
> The components I am thinking off are:
>=20
> ECS K7S5A-L SKT A ATX DDR/SDR Audio and LAN Motherboard - On board sound,=
 I=20