[Scottish] Debian 3.0r1 Install + XFree

ptb scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Mar 8 11:34:01 2003

Hallo all : -

With 3.0r0 : - to escape from a framebuffer console my friendly
Cambridge vendor gave me the tip about vga so my lilo.conf now
has
vga=ext (that is for 80x43; vga=normal would be right for
80x25).

>From the same source it was suggested that if that worked I
build a new kernel with the framebuffer options turned off.
That and my using a rescue/boot pair of floppies to start a new
install before transferring to the CD set (also humbly
accepting debconf to sort out the X) is all the detail I can
find just now.

Pat